Most people on Instagram work hard to get more followers. But, sometimes, there are annoying followers, who, for some reason, we no longer want them on the list. Maybe, it’s because they send awful messages, or make other users feel uncomfortable. Therefore, whatever is the case, it’s better to erase followers and take care of our community.
Although, it’s not all about erasing them. Meaning, it takes to block those accounts too. As result, they can no longer see what we’re doing and get in touch with us anymore. So, let’s see, step by step how to solve the problem the easiest way.
1. First of all, open the app on your mobile. Although, you can also do it from the computer.
Log in to your profile, and click the person icon if you’re doing it from your computer.
2. On top of your profile, you’ll see three groups of numbers. Select the option ‘followers’.
3. You’ll see the entire list of your followers. So, scroll until you see that user you want to take away. Actually, you can’t force him/her to stop following you, but you can block so that no longer sees your account in detail.
4. Select the user and go to the profile.
5. Click on the three dots button at the top right corner.
6. Pick the option ‘block’.
7. Instagram will ask you to confirm that, indeed, you want to block the user from seeing your comments, posts, browser, and so on.
8. From now on, you can also see a list of people who you blocked, and repeat the process every time you want to remove a follower.
And, if you don’t want to block them, just erase them, do this:
Sadly, this option is only available for those with private accounts. So, if you have a public account, we’re sorry, but the only solution is still to block them.
Anyway, follow the same steps until you’re in the ‘followers’ list. Afterwards, select the user, go to the three dots, and instead of pressing ‘block’, click ‘remove’. That way, the user will no longer have access to your private account.
Also, to make your work easier, there are several apps for cleaning your profile from followers of all kind. So, follow our next posts to find out how to take the best from the tools Internet gives us.